background




Ella slideshow

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Homesick"

I have the song "Homesick" by Mercy Me in my playlist on my blog. I have heard the song before, but I guess I had never really listened to the words before. I really listened to it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I swear I felt like I could have written it myself( not literally written the song-just the message). It says everything that I feel. I have been a Christian for about 16 years. I have thought about Heaven a lot before, but now I think about it so much. Jon and I actually talked to our preacher about this when we met with him to talk about Ella's funeral service. During her funeral he brought it up and said that Heaven will be all the more sweeter now-because Ella will be waiting there for us. I know that I will see Ella again when I get to Heaven...and that is what I long for so bad. Somedays I feel like everything is just too much for me. I feel like this road has been so long since we found out that Ella had anencephlay and sometimes I don 't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Those are the times when I think of Heaven-and seeing my sweet baby again. My favorite part of the song is "in Christ, there are no goodbyes. In Christ there is no end. So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have to see you again." As the song says, "I have never been more homesick than now."

I love you Ella!

5 comments:

  1. That is so true. Sometimes I sit and think about how wonderful it will be when God decides it is my time. I am looking foward to that reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. At the end of each church service, my pastor always says, "Maranatha" and we all repeat it. (Come, Lord Jesus)

    I've never meant it more than I have in the last almost 7 months.

    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post!
    I'm with you...can't wait to get to heaven!

    Melissa & Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song, thank you for sharing those words with us. And I have felt everything you have posted about today at one point or another. Many hugs to you Penny.

    love and prayers
    elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I found you on TheBump. I love the words to Homesick. My favorite Christian group is Selah, and a member of the group and his wife had a child that they knew was terminally ill, but they still chose to have her. They have a song called "I Will Carry You." The wife also wrote a book called "I Will Carry You." I have heard the book is amazing, but the song brings tears to my eyes. I cannot relate to having gone through child birth, but I can relate to our loss of our little one at 11 weeks. I imagine that our child (Hadley Grace) will meet us at the gates of Heaven and take us to meet Jesus. I picture running through fields of wildflowers after her with her dad. Please know I pray for you and we will see those babies again!!

    ReplyDelete