background




Ella slideshow

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

less than two weeks

Two weeks from yesterday will be Ella's birthday.  It really hit me yesterday that it is right around the corner.  I can't believe that this day is approaching so quickly.  I am already struggling with it and it isn't even here.  I am so torn about what I want to do for Ella's birthday.  I want to celebrate her life, but I don't know how I want to do that.  It will be such a bittersweet day.  I just don't think I can have a cake or anything that would be like a party.  I just think it will be too hard for us.  Because I know all I will be able to think about is how bad I wish she were here for her birthday party. Why does every decision have to be so hard?

I can't believe it has been a year since we were preparing to meet our sweet baby girl.

I love you Ella!  I miss you so much!

4 comments:

  1. Hugs Hun!!! I'm struggling a lot lately too. It is really unbelievable that it has been almost an entire year since we both welcomed, held, and said goodbye to our baby girls. Thinking of you a lot as we approach their birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim & I had a hard time agreeing on what to do! I'm not sure that we have come to a decision yet. At first I thought I wanted a party or another blood drive but Tim just wasn't up for it. I think we are just going to go to the zoo (she has a memorial butterfly there) and spend time as a family. Next year we might go on a vacation..there's a place in Florida called Amelia Beach...

    I will continue to pray for you as you approach this milestone. Blessings!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just not a "party" I am looking forward to. I am so thankful for her life and want to do something but nothing seems to be the "right" thing. As we prepare for Olivia's one year, I always think of Ella and Karrine, {hugs} to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will plan the perfect day to remember Ella! It is so hard. Praying for you and sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete