background




Ella slideshow

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Prayer Request

     I am asking for prayers again.  Tuesday I am scheduled for the anatomy scan.  I will only be 15 weeks 2 days, but my doctor said we can do it early and hopefully relieve some anxiety.  It may be too early to see everything, but he said if it is we will repeat the scan in a couple of weeks.  We have already had a lot of ultrasounds, since my baby decides to hide from the doctor every time he tries to get a heart rate on doppler.  And so far the baby has looked great.  My doctor has already told me that the baby has developed a skull, so anencephaly can be ruled out.  That was such a huge huge relief.  But, being part of a community of women who have lost their babies has made me very aware of all of the other things that can be life threatening. 
      It is hard not to go through this pregnancy and not think about how it was when I was this far along with Ella.  We couldn't wait for the anatomy scan, so that we could find out if we were having a boy or girl.  There was always worry in the back of my mind, even with Ella.  I always had this nagging feeling that we would find out something was wrong.   
     This time we are excited to find out the sex, but of course that is the least of our worries. Please keep us and our baby in your prayers.  I really feel positive right now, but I do have moments when the scary thoughts creep in.

I love you Ella!

6 comments:

  1. Penny, will definitely be keeping you and your baby in my prayers. I think of you and Ella often. <3hugs<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. sua filha é linda! nada pode substituir, mas esse bebe que esta para vir, vai alegrar muito a sua vida! vai dar tudo certo, estarei orando pelo seu bebe. beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it can be an anxious time so I'm praying for a little peace for you and a perfect scan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always in my prayers!!!
    Praying for peace and a healthy son/brother or daughter/sister for your family!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending many!We found out with Lucas at 15w1d that he was a boy. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying Penny! Hope you will get all great news and I look forward to hearing that everything looks GREAT! I know it's such a hard time - the waiting and the remembering and the knowing what could go wrong. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete